Friday, December 11, 2009

Somewhat normal...

I found out late Thursday afternoon that I will not be heading to Canada next week. I am more than a little relieved. Not that I do not want to go, but right now is not the right time. Looks like it will be the first week of January instead, which makes my life a little more normal, at least for the time being. I have a lot more time to get things done and feel a little more sane and able to handle the holidays. We still have a full schedule, but at least I am home instead of in a different country so hopefully things will be smoother.

We got a new Flip camera over Thanksgiving (which included a 3.5 hour stand-off at Best Buy and me losing my religion more that once in the same day, even after attending church that morning). Never, NEVER shop at the BB in Bossier City. It is a horrible place with horrible employees and ZERO customer service, but I highly recommend Timothy from bb.com because he make a situation that could have been really, really bad for that BB store a lot better for us and I was able to just tell everyone in that store off instead of making an even bigger scene. Anyway, daddy took a video of Genna with the new camera on Monday and I am going to attempt to post it. Patience...this is my first attempt and I have no idea how this is going to go!


The sono tech is telling us all about G and showing us detail which was wonderful for us, but might get a little boring for all of you out there. It is a five minute video so if you really love us, grab some popcorn, click play, and enjoy our baby in black and white. Color version to arrive in late April!

This weekend we went to visit family. It was my mom's birthday and three of our nieces were poppies in the play 'The Wizard of Oz". It was a great weekend and we even got to do a little baby shopping as well, picking up Genna's rocker/bouncer seat (since it is now discontinued), her crib mattress, the blanket that matches her bedding, and a new dress from the Harley shop. Daddy is determined that she is going to "Live to Ride"! Gigi and Pops had their Christmas cantata at church yesterday morning and they did a wonderful job. We were glad that we got to be there to worship with them. Daddy is taking Ge home tonight so our house will be quiet with only our two dogs for the next week at least. We are excited about Christmas with the P family on Friday night and then Christmas with the F family this weekend. We are very blessed with a wonderful family who tries so hard each year to get together so we can see each other. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Allison, I bought a new Flip at Thanksgiving also. I just love it. I took it to Hartford/NYC with me last week and am definitely in the learning stage. I am also learning to use iMovie on my laptop. I posted my first video on Facebook yesterday but I can tell I have a lot to learn.