Friday, December 18, 2009

Genevieve and Daddy

Last night after rushing around to make sure that I had done everything around the house that I could get done without staying up all night, I finally was able to lay down on the bed. Genevieve started moving like crazy. I guess that maybe I was moving too much when she was trying to be still and now that I was trying to be still, she decided to pay me back by moving all over the place. I laid there with my hand on my belly and felt her moving and told Daddy that he needed to come feel, too. He put his hand there and said he couldn't feel anything and that I was probably just feeling it from the inside and thought that I was feeling it from the outside. He said that everything that he had read said that it was too early for him to feel her. After he brushed his teeth, I told him to come sit and be still and patient, which are two things that are very hard for him. He put his hand back on my belly and then he felt it...several times. Genna knew that her Daddy was there and was showing off for him. He leaned down and started talking to her and asked, "Genna, what are you doing in there?" to which she replied with more moves. With all of her moving around, I am afraid that she is going to be like her Daddy...a little on the ADHD side and always moving!! It was a very sweet moment. Still this morning, she is moving all around. I am excited that I am feeling her move more each day, which lets me know that she is in there and doing okay.

Tonight we have Christmas with Daddy's side of the family and tomorrow we catch a flight to have Christmas with my mom's side of the family...a total of 20.5 people...Genna counts as the .5 since we are more than halfway through the pregnancy. I know that it will be a good weekend. The brothers have to stay home because they are too much trouble to take to Ge's and on the plane, but Uncle Steve is going to take care of them for us. A funny thing happened this morning while I was getting ready. I have had all my presents wrapped and under the tree since Thanksgiving. The boys have not messed with any of them, but this morning, Dudley comes into the bedroom with a present in his mouth. The funny thing is that of all the presents that are under the tree, he picked out his and brought it to me. I guess that he was asking to open it, but he didn't get his chance. Man, I love those dogs and miss them so much even when I just go to work. They are so much fun to come home to!

Pray for us as we have lots going on in our lives right now. Probably more to come on that later, but we have another busy few weeks ahead of us!

No comments: