Thursday, August 26, 2010

10 Things on Thursday

Second Thursday of "10 Things" and so far, I am keeping up!

Here is life around our house...

1. Genna turned 16 weeks old yesterday and is more amazing to me everyday. She is getting so active and I love her so much! She is wonderful!

2. Trying to plan a garage sale for sometime in October. I feel the need to purge and get rid of stuff we do not need or use.

3. My hubby got a new truck last night. He needed a 4-wheel drive and since my Tahoe is, but I won't let him take it to his deer lease, he had to get his own. It is nice and I hope that we are through buying toys for him.

4. Still planning a trip to Canton at the end of September and I can't wait!

5. My parents came down last weekend and me and G went out with them. We had such a good time and G was great for being towed all over Louisiana in this heat!

6. I got brave this weekend and painted a wall in my house with chalkboard paint. I am still working on getting it finished (been nursing a migraine all week), but hope to finish it this weekend.

7. We are getting more serious about our budget and sticking to it and getting some extra in savings and different areas. We met with our financial advisor and are planning to refinance our home to pay it off faster. The rate is about 2.25% less than we are paying and we are looking at a 15 year note instead of the 30 year that we have.

8. I am still on my organization and creative kick, but I am finding it is much harder to get things accomplished with little G around.

9. Hoping that my hubby and me can sneak in a date sometime and find a sitter for G. We will see!

10. My life is pretty boring so it was hard to come up with 10 things...

1 comment:

Christina said...

We will keep Genna anytime! Just give us a call.
We just did the same thing to our house. We refinanced for a lower rate and went from a 30 yr note to a 15. We expected our payment to go up but it actually went down.